Attack weeds the natural way
Published: April 25, 2013 8:00 AM
Updated: April 25, 2013 8:40 AM
Rather than using harmful pesticides, here are some natural methods for getting rid of weeds.
1. Pull them: With their roots, it’s easier if the ground is wet or before the sun shines on them.
2. Pour boiling water on them: Use water left over from cooking.
3. Cover with layers of newspaper: This works best on clover and crabgrass.
4. Use inexpensive vinegar recipe: Combine one quart of vinegar, one teaspoon of liquid dish soap and one-quarter cup of salt and mix in a squirt bottle. Apply to dandelions on walkways or patios, but do not use on lawn.
5. Eat them: Some weeds are edible. The greens from dandelions can be eaten raw and are packed with vitamin K.