WHITEFISH BAY WISCONSIN : PESTICIDE FREE FAILURE ? — Courtesy of EARTHCARE NATURAL LAWN AND GARDEN — Funded By Village of WhiteFish Bay
The village has had an experimental program at three other parks since 2006 in which it uses natural weed control measures. Grassman said the measures were “not successful.”
“There are as many weeds now as there were then,” he said Wednesday.
Natural Turf Management Pilot Project
Healthy Communities Project is partnering with the Village of Whitefish Bay, WI, and Earthcare Natural Lawn and Landscapes to conduct a three-year natural turf management pilot project at three Whitefish Bay locations: School House Park on Birch Avenue and Marlborough Avenue, Buckley Park on Lake Drive just south of Palisades Avenue, and the Santa Monica Boulevard medians from Silver Spring Drive to Montclaire Avenue.
Funding for this project has been generously provided by the Village of Whitefish Bay. The project began in the spring of 2007 and will continue through the fall of 2009.
HERE ARE RECENT PHOTOS OF THIS PROJECT:
Earthcare’s 100% Natural Lawn Care Program:
1. We provide high quality natural lawn care using organic, non-toxic products.
2. We design and install landscapes using plants native to Wisconsin.
3. We empower clients to make informed choices about sustainable landscape practices.
Guiding Principle: A Sustainable Company
1. Whenever possible, we will use products that originate in SE Wisconsin.
2. We primarily use plants that are native to Wisconsin.
3. We operate a carbon neutral company and help our customers reduce their carbon footprint.
4. We provide a livable wage for all employees.
5. We maintain a high performance standard and a joyful spirit of service to the community.