The Fraser Institute
The Fraser Institute is an independent non-profit research and educational organization ( THINK-TANK ) based in Canada that espouses free market principles.
In 2010, The Fraser Institute was ranked No. 1 among 97 THINK-TANKS in Canada, for the third year in a row, in the University of Pennsylvania’s Global Go-To THINK-TANK Index, a global survey of close to 1,500 scholars, policy makers, and journalists.
The Fraser Institute was also rated as the only Canadian organization in the Top 25 leading THINK-TANKS in the world in 2010, out of a global group of 6,480 THINK-TANKS.
According to a 2011 media release from The Fraser Institute …
● British Columbia is considering adopting ILL-CONCEIVED laws restricting pest control product use that DO NOT accurately reflect the current state of scientific knowledge
● A HASTY BAN of pest control products SHOULD NOT BE IMPLEMENTED until the underlying science is conclusive and a comprehensive analysis of the potential side-effects resulting from the BAN has been undertaken
● By BANNING pest control products for cosmetic uses, British Columbia would be following the QUESTIONABLE PRECEDENT several other provinces have set
● NO cause-and-effect relationship between pest control products and cancer has been established scientifically
● 2,4-D, a herbicide used by Professional Lawn Care companies, is in the same cancer-risk category as pickled vegetables and cell-phones
● The Environmental Impact Quotient ( EIQ ) for SOAP is HIGHER THAN the EIQ for 2,4-D Herbicide.
● A blanket PROHIBITION lacks the careful contrasting of costs and benefits.
● Politicians should avoid enacting POORLY-DESIGNED regulations to control pest control product use that may ultimately prove MORE DAMAGING than the pest control products themselves.
The Wisdom of The Fraser Institute
The NORAHG Library of Force Of Nature Reports
NORAHG has archived information on The Pesticide Truths Web-Site …
PROVINCE OF ALBERTA – CONSPIRACY TO PROHIBIT PEST CONTROL PRODUCTS IN THE URBAN LANDSCAPE
PROVINCE OF BRITISH COLUMBIA – CONSPIRACY TO PROHIBIT PEST CONTROL PRODUCTS IN THE URBAN LANDSCAPE
PROVINCE OF BRITISH COLUMBIA – COQUITLAM, CITY OF – AN ENVIRONMENT THAT IS UNHAPPY, UGLY, UNEMPLOYED, UNENLIGHTENED, AND UNHEALTHY
PROVINCE OF BRITISH COLUMBIA – COQUITLAM, CITY OF – REFERENCES FOR LITIGATION
PROVINCE OF BRITISH COLUMBIA – KELOWNA, CITY OF – ANTI-PESTICIDE WOMEN COUNCILLORS
PROVINCE OF BRITISH COLUMBIA – SPECIAL COMMITTEE ON COSMETIC PESTICIDES
PROVINCE OF ONTARIO – 2011 POLL REGARDING PROHIBITION
PROVINCE OF ONTARIO – LIVING IN ENVIRONMENTAL INFAMY
PROVINCE OF SASKATCHEWAN – CONSPIRACY TO PROHIBIT PEST CONTROL PRODUCTS
THE WISDOM OF CANADIAN CONSUMER SPECIALTY PRODUCTS ASSOCIATION
THE WISDOM OF THE FRASER INSTITUTE