America’s Golf Courses And Manufacturers Target Golf-Hating Environmental Terrorism
July 27th, 2016
The Journal News/lohud
Selected And Adapted Excerpts
America is now living in the 9|11 Era of Fanatical Golf-Hating & Anti-Pesticide TERRORISM !
Is there ANYBODY in the Golf Industry who is STOPPING Golf-Hating Fanatics ?!?!
Manufacturers and Golf-Course Superintendents HAVE SPENT MILLIONS OF DOLLARS ON LOBBYING AGAINST REFORMS TARGETING PEST CONTROL PRODUCTS.
FEDERAL LOBBYISTS have been paid 46.5 MILLION DOLLARS by Trade Associations linked to pest control products since 1999, The Journal News/lohud has found.
The Journal News/lohud.com reviewed hundreds of pages of Federal LOBBYING REPORTS of Golf & Manufacturer Trade Associations and revealed a behind-the-scenes look at the MASSIVE NETWORK OF SPECIAL INTERESTS leaning on lawmakers in Washington, D.C.
CropLife America, a Trade Association for manufacturers and sellers of crop protection and pest-control products, spent 45 MILLION DOLLARS on LOBBYING, federal records show.
CropLife sought to influence political debate over food safety, public health and environmental laws.
Golf Course Superintendents Association of America, and other similar Trade Associations, spent 1.5 MILLION DOLLARS on LOBBYING, federal records show.
They sought to influence a range of bills, though a majority of the money went to debate over water rights, pesticide permitting, and environmental issues.
Jay Feldman is the Fanatical Lunatic Leader of Beyond Pesticides, an Anti-Pesticide & Environmental-Terrorist Organization.
According to Lunatic Feldman ―
Trade associations that have alliances with the chemical industry tend to want to protect them and the status quo, and they tend to LAG BEHIND THE NEW SCIENCE. [ ?!?! ]
NONSENSE FROM BEYOND PESTICIDES ! ― Readers must be made aware that Feldman and Beyond Pesticides have ABSOLUTELY NO EXPERTISE in matters concerning ANY pest control products. Feldman operates this organization which is non-expert, profit-motivated, unethical, and conspires to recklessly and maliciously prohibit against conventional pest control products. Beyond Pesticides is operated by Feldman and a group of truth-challenged-fanatics who are clearly NOT competent to express any opinion concerning pest control products. Those who operate Beyond Pesticides include … • a non-expert duck farm operator • a non-expert indigent goat herder • a non-expert native Indian movement organizer • a non-expert marginal organic lawn care operator • a non-expert organic produce distributor • a non-expert zoologist. Beyond Pesticides may have some expertise in duck farming, fund-raising, goat herding, native Indians, organic produce, profit-making, and zoology, but has it has NO expertise whatsoever in pest control products. DOES ANYONE REALLY WANT TO LISTEN TO THIS #@!!% NONSENSE FROM BEYOND PESTICIDES ?!?!
Lunatic Feldman contended that Golf & Manufacturer Trade Associations have affected local and national debates over pest control products. [ So what ?!?! ]
According to Lunatic Feldman ―
We see this at community hearings where cities are considering phasing out cosmetic use of pesticides and banning agricultural use of pesticides.
They tend to be among the first groups to stand up and say, « We Need These Chemicals To Manage Our Golf Course ».
LOBBYISTS for the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America and CropLife America did not respond to interview requests.
[ See later segment concerning THE DESTRUCTION OF THE GOLF INDUSTRY IN CANADA ! ]
America’s Golf Courses & Manufacturers Target Golf-Hating Environmental Terrorism
Water Pollution Concerns In America
Battles over water pollution fueled much of the spending, though it is difficult to give exact figures because disclosures DO NOT fully itemize LOBBYING DOLLARS.
One of the biggest fights involved the Waters of the United States Rule.
Adopted in 2014, it expanded which waters are subject to the jurisdiction of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency ( US EPA ).
CropLife America and the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America joined other major industry groups seeking to kill the Waters of the United States Rule.
LOBBYISTS for pest control products, construction, and manufacturing pushed bills and resolutions that culminated in President Obama issuing the ninth veto of his presidency to uphold the rule.
The sponsor of one such resolution, Senator Joni Ernst, R-Iowa, said she would continue to look for ways to UNDERMINE the Waters of the United States Rule, USA TODAY Network reported.
According to Senator Ernst ―
We all want clean water.
This Rule is not about clean water.
Rather, it is about how much authority the federal government and un-elected bureaucrats should have to regulate what is done on private land.
President Obama addressed the Rule’s purpose in a veto message to Congress ―
Too many of our waters have been left vulnerable.
Pollution from upstream sources ends up in the rivers, lakes, reservoirs, and coastal waters near which most Americans live and on which they depend for their drinking water, recreation, and economic development.
The LOBBYING REPORTS provided a glimpse of the strategy for blocking reforms affecting pest control products, along with other less controversial golf-related issues.
One golf course superintendents’ report, for instance, disclosed details of 30,000 DOLLARS in LOBBYING ACTIVITY in 2014.
Some of the money went toward supporting a bill trying to block the Waters of the United States Rule.
Other LOBBYING dollars backed a bill seeking amendments to immigration laws to allow more temporary non-agricultural workers, such as those on golf courses.
On the same report, LOBBYISTS pushed a bill to honor iconic golfer Jack Nicklaus with the Congressional Gold Medal in recognition of his contributions to the nation.
Nicklaus received the Congressional Gold Medal in 2015.
America’s Golf Courses & Manufacturers Target Golf-Hating Environmental Terrorism
Toxic Substances Control Act In America
Anti-Pesticide & Environmental-Terrorists have long criticized the Toxic Substances Control Act as a toothless law responsible for rampant pollution and illness since its enactment in 1976.
They’ve also blamed Manufacturers and Lobbyists for protecting it from challenges. [ ?!?! ]
CropLife America, for example, was among a collection of industry groups that disclosed LOBBYING SPENDING linked to the toxic substances law, which essentially affects every product, from cars to chemicals, sold nationally.
Much of the LOBBYING DOLLARS flowed from CropLife and more than 250 other groups after 2013, when law-makers introduced the Safe Chemicals Act, a more restrictive attempt at reforming the toxic substances law, according to data reported by the Center for Responsive politics, a non-profit research group.
Acelepryn, a low environmental impact pest control product used at Rockland Country Club in Sparkill June 29, 2016. The club takes an environmental approach to pest control, limiting their use of pest control products. (Photo: Peter Carr/The Journal News)
The Journal News/lohud review found CropLife’s highest LOBBYING SPENDING per year came in 2013, at nearly 3.9 MILLION DOLLARS.
That is compared to the average annual LOBBYING of 2.6 MILLION DOLLARS.
In June 2016, after decades of political wrangling and LOBBYING SPENDING, the Frank R. Lautenberg Chemical Safety for the 21st Century Act was signed into law.
It was the first update to the 1976 toxic substances law.
Meanwhile, Golf Course Superintendents Association of America, and other similar Trade Associations, nearly TRIPLED their LOBBYING SPENDING after President Obama was elected in 2008, resulting in a series of environmental reforms under his administration.
The group averaged 140,000 DOLLARS per year under the Obama Administration, spending 1.12 MILLION DOLLARS total from 2008 to 2015.
That is compared to a 47,500 DOLLARS average per year, and 380,000 DOLLARS total from 2000 to 2007.
THE DESTRUCTION OF THE GOLF INDUSTRY IN CANADA !
IS ANYBODY ADDRESSING THE CRITICAL ISSUES FACING THE GOLF INDUSTRY IN CANADA ?!?!
We are now living in the 9|11 Era of Fanatical Golf-Hating & Anti-Pesticide TERRORISM !
As seen in the above segments, Trade Associations in America STRIKE BACK TO PROTECT THE Golf Industry !
However, in Canada, it becomes increasingly obvious that MOST of the Golf Industry’s Trade Associations have FAILED THEIR MEMBERS.
Future generations will ask the question ― WHY DID THEIR TRADE ASSOCIATIONS NOT ACT ?!?!
For the most part, LOBBYING AGAINST ARBITRARY PROHIBITIONS TARGETING PEST CONTROL PRODUCTS by Trade Associations in Canada is VIRTUALLY NIL !
NONE HAVE ADDRESSED THE CRITICAL ISSUES FACING THE GOLF INDUSTRY !
There ARE some NOTABLE AND OCCASIONAL EXCEPTIONS, such as Western Canada Turfgrass Association ( WCTA ). ( See the following links. )
Additionally, National Golf Course Owners Association ( NGCOA ) has been making serious attempts with a NATION-WIDE LOBBYING CAMPAIGN. ( See the following link. )
However, neither WCTA nor NGCOA have mounted an EFFECTIVE AND COMPREHENSIVE LOBBYING CAMPAIGN AGAINST ARBITRARY PROHIBITIONS TARGETING PEST CONTROL PRODUCTS !
However, neither WCTA nor NGCOA HAVE ADDRESSED ALL OF THE CRITICAL ISSUES FACING THE GOLF INDUSTRY !
Furthermore, NO ONE in ANY Trade Associations in Canada has ANY EXPERTISE ON THE PROPOSED PROHIBITIONS TARGETING PEST CONTROL PRODUCTS !
NO ONE in these associations could even tell you WHO are the Golf-Hating Fanatics across Canada, WHAT are their organizations, and WHAT are their LOBBYING STRATEGIES AGAINST THE GOLF INDUSTRY !
The Trade Associations in Canada are CLUELESS BEYOND COMPREHENSION !
The Golf-Hating Fanatics MUST BE STOPPED FROM OBLITERATING THE GOLF INDUSTRY !
Is there ANYBODY in the Golf Industry who can STOP these Golf-Hating Fanatics ?!?!
Someone in the Golf Industry MUST IMMEDIATELY ADDRESS CRITICAL ISSUES, or else it will suffer the BLACK DEATH of Fanatical Golf-Hating & Anti-Pesticide TERRORISM !
Is there ANYBODY in the Golf Industry who can STOP the BLACK DEATH ?!?!
The Golf Industry is also on a COLLISION COURSE with GOLF-HATING GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS ( which includes Politicians ) who operate as Enviro-Terrorists who CONSPIRE TO OBLITERATE ALL GOLF FACILITIES.
Is there ANYBODY in the Golf Industry who can STOP these GOLF-HATING GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS ?!?!
In Canada, the Golf Industry is on a COLLISION COURSE with ANTI-GOLF REGULATIONS that will COERCE, INTIMIDATE, and TERRORIZE the owners, superintendents, and employees at GOLF FACILITIES.
Is there ANYBODY in the Golf Industry who can STOP these ANTI-GOLF REGULATIONS ?!?!
Is there ANYBODY in the Golf Industry who can STOP the RESCINDING OF THE GOLF INDUSTRY’S PESTICIDE EXCEPTION STATUS ?!?!
Since 1991, the Golf Industry throughout the nation had been provided with a PESTICIDE BAN EXCEPTION STATUS ― thankfully, Mr William H Gathercole crafted the original Golf Industry EXCEPTION STATUS in the Town of Hudson, Quebec, which has endured to this day for virtually all jurisdictions in North America.
Now, the Golf Industry is being JEOPARDIZED by PROHIBITIONS against its conventional fungicides and insecticides.
Now, the Golf Industry is being JEOPARDIZED by …
• Proposal by Health Canada to impose National Prohibition against IPRODIONE.
• Proposal by Health Canada to impose National Prohibition against CHLOROTHALONIL.
• Decision by City of Kirkland to impose Municipal Prohibition against NEONICOTINOID INSECTICIDES.
• Decision by City of Montreal to impose Municipal Prohibition against NEONICOTINOID INSECTICIDES.
• Imminent decision by Province of Quebec to impose Provincial Prohibition against NEONICOTINOID INSECTICIDES.
• Decision by Health Canada to impose National Prohibition against CARBARYL.
• Decision by Health Canada to impose National Prohibition against QUINTOZENE.
TO AVOID ITS IMMINENT DEMISE, and the TOTAL LOSS of ALL of its conventional pest control products, the Golf Industry must immediately address SEVERAL CRITICAL ISSUES.
The Golf Industry must recognize that it is on a COLLISION COURSE with the LOOMING SHIPWRECK of Fanatical Golf-Hating & Anti-Pesticide TERRORISM !
Regardless of its PROVINCIAL PESTICIDE EXCEPTION STATUSES, the Golf Industry faces some huge challenges because of its HIGH DEGREE OF VULNERABILITY concerning ARBITRARY PROHIBITIONS TARGETING ITS USE OF CONVENTIONAL PEST CONTROL PRODUCTS.
Golf Facilities employ THE VERY SAME INGREDIENTS that are being ARBITRARILY PROHIBITED from use in the Urban Landscape ( i.e. home lawns ).
Golf Facilities employ THE VERY SAME INGREDIENTS that are being ARBITRARILY PROHIBITED from use by businesses operating in the Professional Lawn Care Industry.
If it is safe for children and adults to walk and play on pesticide-treated golf courses, then it is also safe for them to walk and play on pesticide-treated home lawns.
So far, in jurisdictions like Ontario, ARBITRARY PROHIBITION has inflicted an APOCALYPTIC CARNAGE in the form of BUSINESS DESTRUCTION against the Professional Lawn Care Industry.
If businesses in the Professional Lawn Care Industry DO NOT DESERVE AN EXCEPTION STATUS, THEN WHY SHOULD GOLF FACILITIES DESERVE ANY EXCEPTION STATUS WHATSOEVER ?!?!
The Golf Industry must develop LOBBYING STRATEGIES that can effectively answer this kind of CRITICAL ISSUE … otherwise, the Golf Industry WILL BE DESTROYED !
In order to successfully deter the malicious efforts of Fanatical Golf-Hating & Anti-Pesticide TERRORISM, the Golf Industry must immediately address the following GENERAL CRITICAL ISSUES …
1. PEST CONTROL PRODUCTS ― The Golf Industry must STRONGLY ADOPT THE POSITION that conventional pest control products are scientifically-safe and will cause NO harm. The Golf Industry must also ADOPT the policy that the ONLY course of action against prohibition is through litigation.
2. PESTICIDE EXCEPTION STATUS ― The Golf Industry must PLAN for the inevitable and total revocation of its exception status in most jurisdictions across Canada.
3. TRADE ASSOCIATIONS ― The Golf Industry’s trade associations must CEASE publicly supporting the prohibition against conventional pest control products used in the urban landscape. These trade associations must STOP torpedoing the Professional Lawn Care Industry.
4. FERTILIZERS ― The Golf Industry must also ADOPT the position that its use of any fertilizers does NOT harm the environment.
5. ANTI-PESTICIDE GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS & ACTIVISTS ― The Golf Industry must CEASE its pointless and wasteful attempts to educate and to convince pesticide-hating government officials and activists. These fanatics will NEVER reverse their attitudes against conventional pest control products.
6. ANTI-GOLF/ANTI-PESTICIDE ORGANIZATIONS ― The Golf Industry must TERMINATE all relationships with all pesticide-hating & environmental organizations that conspire to prohibit against conventional pest control products, like Canadian Cancer Society, ( a.k.a. Prevent Cancer Now ), World Wildlife Fund ( a.k.a. Liberal Party of Canada ), and others. As long as Golf Canada, and the entire Golf Industry, continue to provide money to Canadian Cancer Society, the Golf Industry IS UNDER THREAT OF BEING ANNIHILATED !
7. RIGHT-TO-KNOW DATA-BASE ― The Golf Industry must CREATE a fully transparent data-base for right-to-know concerning its conventional pest control products.
8. INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT ( IPM ) ― The Golf Industry must CEASE focusing on the ineffective practices of Integrated Pest Management ( IPM ) as the solution to its public affairs problems. Trade associations allege that the best way to minimize inputs is through the use of Integrated Pest Management ( IPM ), despite the fact that, overall, IPM-cultural-practices DO NOT control pests of established turf and ornamentals.
9. ORGANIC PESTICIDE-FREE GOLF FACILITIES ― The Golf Industry must ESTABLISH policies for expelling Golf Facilities using this inaccurate and misleading term from its trade associations. Organic pesticide-free maintenance CANNOT be successful with green alternative pesticides and practices. Additionally, the Golf Industry must VIGOROUSLY EMBARK on a massive public relations campaign to discredit organic pesticide-free maintenance, declaring it as a dismal failure.
10. GREEN ALTERNATIVE PESTICIDES ― The Golf Industry must DENOUNCE the so-called green alternatives to conventional pest control products as bogus. Green alternatives like hydrogen peroxide and compost tea DO NOT work, and may even be ILLEGAL.
11. ANTI-PESTICIDE TEACHING & RESEARCH INSTITUTIONS ― The Golf Industry must also DENOUNCE cultural practices as a so-called « legitimate alternative » to the use of conventional pest control products. Cultural practices DO NOT work in controlling pests.
12. MAINTENANCE PROTOCOLS ― The Golf Industry must DEVELOP and publish golf maintenance protocols and the performance standards expected by its playing customers. These protocols and standards MUST include the regular use of conventional pest control products.
13. GO BROWN ― BROWN IS BEAUTIFUL ?!?! ― The Golf Industry must OPPOSE go brown anti-cosmetic golf course maintenance. Golfers DO NOT want to play on brown depressing unplayable courses.
14. POLITICAL ACTION ― The Golf Industry must openly and financially SUPPORT all Conservative political candidates who oppose any prohibition of pest control products and fertilizers. Whenever successfully elected to power, Liberals and New Democrats WILL ALWAYS CONSPIRE TO IMPOSE ARBITRARY PROHIBITION against ALL pest control products.
15. ANTI-PESTICIDE TEACHING & RESEARCH INSTITUTIONS ― The Golf Industry must TERMINATE all relationships with all teaching and research institutions, such as University of Guelph, that VALIDATE and SUPPORT the PROHIBITION against pest control products. ALL joint activities and educational seminars MUST BE ENDED for an indefinite period of time.
NATIONAL PROHIBITION — END OF THE GOLF INDUSTRY’S PESTICIDE BAN EXCEPTION STATUS — CGSA HAS INCOMPREHENSIBLY SUPPORTED THE PROHIBITION ( Blog )
TRADE ASSOCIATION RESPONSE TO THE PROPOSED RE-EVALUATION DECISION REGARDING CHLOROTHALONIL ( Blog )
THE WORST ATTACK CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE GOLF INDUSTRY IN CANADA !
WARNING ! The LUNATIC-CULPRITS at Prevent Cancer Now ( a.k.a. Canadian Cancer Society ) have launched THE WORST ATTACK CAMPAIGN ever perpetrated against the Golf Industry, code-named « Golf Course Pesticides Project », with the specific purpose to EXPLOIT THEIR MALICIOUS ACCESS to the UNSECURED WEB-SITE of the IPM Council of Canada ― these LUNATICS will then RECKLESSLY EVALUATE their PILFERED IPM data in a manner that will HUMILIATE, DAMAGE, AND DESTROY Ontario’s Golf Superintendents and their facilities.
Meg Sears is Chairman of Prevent Cancer Now.
Sears is MASTER-MINDING THE HACKING-ATTACK CAMPAIGN ( code-named « Golf Course Pesticides Project » ) against Golf Superintendents and their facilities.
Sears is a REVENGE-OBSESSED FANATICAL ENVIRO-LEADER who holds the Golf Industry FALSELY ACCOUNTABLE for the sad DEATH OF HER SON as a result of his supposed exposure to pest control products used by Golf Facilities near her home.
The DESTRUCTION of Golf Facilities will be Sears’ REVENGE FOR THE DEATH OF HER SON.
Since the mid-2000s, her SUBVERSIVE CAMPAIGNS have also EXTENSIVELY DAMAGED AND DESTROYED HUNDREDS OF BUSINESSES that operated in the Professional Lawn Care Industry.
Meg Sears is a Merchant of Death for her PERSONAL REVENGE AGENDA.
What could possibly go wrong ?!?!
Sensitive IPM data belonging to Golf Superintendents are now accessible to a FANATICAL-LUNATIC who SEEKS REVENGE against ALL Golf Facilities !
Again, WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG WITH A REVENGE-OBSESSED FANATIC who has UNLIMITED FINANCING from Canadian Cancer Society ?!?!
Incredibly, after being warned on a dozen separate occasions, the IPM Council of Canada persists in doing NOTHING to protect the SENSITIVE AND POTENTIALLY DESTRUCTIVE IPM Data that is currently being PILFERED by Sears and Prevent Cancer Now.
IPM Council DOES NOT GIVE A SH*T about this ELEVATED THREAT OF HARM AND DESTRUCTION !
The MAJORITY of the IPM Council Board of Directors are NOT FIT to be entrusted with the safe-keeping of SENSITIVE DATA that will be used to ATTACK, HUMILIATE, DAMAGE, AND DESTROY Golf Superintendents and their facilities.
Recent E-MAIL MESSAGES from Prevent Cancer Now contain ORDERS for its members and volunteers to MOBILIZE AGAINST THE GOLF INDUSTRY.
Please go to the following links for these E-MAIL MESSAGES …
THE IPM COUNCIL MUST IMMEDIATELY SHUT-DOWN ITS WEB-SITE ― NOW ! www.ipmcouncilcanada.org/
Is there ANYBODY in the Golf Industry who can STOP Meg Sears and Prevent Cancer Now ?!?!
WE SPEAK THE TRUTH ABOUT PESTICIDES !
We are the National Organization Responding Against HUJE that conspire to destroy the Green space and other industries ( NORAHG ). As a non-profit and independent organization, we are environmentalists who are dedicated to reporting about Truth-Challenged Pesticide-Hating Fanatics who conspire to destroy businesses that are dependent on their use of conventional pest control products. We also report on the work of Respected and Highly-Rated Experts who promote Environmental Realism and Pesticide Truths. http://wp.me/p1jq40-8DV If you wish to receive free reports on issues that concern you, please contact us at … firstname.lastname@example.org We Dare To Defy The Pesticide-Hating Fanatics By Exploring The Whole Truth From An Independent Perspective On The Pesticide Truths Web-Site … http://pesticidetruths.com/ WILLIAM H GATHERCOLE AND NORAH G