Golf Industry Network ( press release ) ( blog )
Last season the Canadian Golf Superintendents Association announced they were conducting a complete review of its operations. The review came on the heels of a deficit of more than $100,000 the association ran up in its 2014 fiscal year.
Executive Director Ken Cousineau was terminated by the association.
THINGS ARE GOING TO GET EVEN WORSE FOR CGSA !
WARNING TO GOLF INDUSTRY TRADE ASSOCIATIONS !
Financial mismanagement by Canadian Golf Superintendents Association ( CGSA ) will be the least of the worries of this trade association. The golf industry is under hacking-attack by golf-hating fanatics at Prevent Cancer Now who are downloading sensitive IPM data ! The IPM Council of Canada refuses to protect golf superintendents and their facilities from this elevated threat ! On June 18th, 2016, and July 1st, 2016, Prevent Cancer Now ( a.k.a. Canadian Cancer Society ) sent messages by e-mail ordering the hacking-attack against the golf industry. See link below.
The master-mind of this hacking-attack is Meg Sears, a revenge-obsessed fanatical enviro-leader who holds the golf industry falsely accountable for the sad death of her son as a result of his supposed exposure to pest control products used by golf facilities near her home. Sears and other golf-hating fanatics have begun downloading ( i.e. hacking ) sensitive IPM data from the unsecured web-site of the IPM Council of Canada. This web-site contains thousands of detailed reports on the use of pest control products by hundreds of golf facilities. Sears’ objective is to publicly evaluate the IPM data in a manner that will humiliate, damage, and destroy businesses that operate in the golf industry. The destruction of golf facilities will be Sears’ revenge for the death of her son. Incredibly, after being warned on seven separate occasions, the IPM Council persists in doing NOTHING to protect the sensitive IPM data that is currently being downloaded by Sears and Prevent Cancer Now. The IPM Council DOES NOT give a sh*t about this elevated threat !
Elected leaders and staff of TRADE ASSOCIATIONS are expected to go to the link below for the information they need to complain to all board members of the IPM Council.
THE IPM COUNCIL MUST IMMEDIATELY SHUT-DOWN ITS WEB-SITE ― NOW ! www.ipmcouncilcanada.org/
COUSINEAU’S RECENT DEPARTURE FROM CGSA IS A WELCOME RELIEF !
With the departure of Ken Cousineau, perhaps it can now be said that there is more of a hopeful future for the golf industry. Here’s why … on April 22nd, 2009, the government of Ontario reckless and arbitrary prohibition against conventional pest control products used by the professional lawn care industry. A prohibition exception status was provided to the golf industry that used the very same pest control products otherwise prohibited against the professional lawn care industry. Consequently, the golf industry faced the likelihood that its exception status would very likely be withdrawn within a few years. As of 2016, the golf industry has been inflicted with the national prohibition of its most important pest control products, such as chlorothalonil, iprodione, and quintozene. Additionally, the golf industry is also suffering from the spread of municipal prohibitions against neonicotinoid insecticides. These attacks against the golf industry were predictable, but, sadly, the warning signs were naively ignored by the pompous and idiotic elected leaders and staff of Canadian Golf Superintendents Association ( CGSA ), a trade association that was led for over a decade by Ken Cousineau. Both Cousineau and CGSA have incomprehensibly implemented actions that are indicative of their inability to make any sound decisions such as support for the prohibition of pest control products used in the urban landscape. Cousineau and CGSA have preferred to support the annihilation of the professional lawn care industry rather than join forces to fight fanatical prohibition, despite Cousineau’s false-hopes that « the entire industry must work together ». Since 2008, in a despicable and pointless effort to distract golf-hating government officials and fanatical-activists, Cousineau and CGSA directly supported reckless prohibition against so-called cosmetic pesticides, a betrayal that torpedoed the professional lawn care industry and assured its death. According to Cousineau in April 2008 ― « [ … ] associations like the CGSA and Royal Canadian Golf Association [ … ] applauded McGuinty and the governing Liberals for making this announcement [ regarding the Ontario prohibition ] . [ A ] reason for the golf industry’s support of this provincial initiative stems from the fact we will be exempted ». Consequently, Cousineau and CGSA severely damaged their credibility in public policy. Cousineau’s recent departure from CGSA is a welcome relief to many observers who believed he was a core problem for the entire golf industry. The departure of Cousineau is ironical in view of another CGSA decision to unceremoniously and disgracefully dump the beloved founding father of CGSA and its official publication, GreenMaster magazine ― Gordon Witteveen. CGSA has yet to make amends to his memory and seek restitution. Now that Cousineau has finally departed, the CGSA must immediately address the following critical issues …
THE CRITICAL ISSUES THAT MUST BE ADDRESSED BY THE GOLF INDUSTRY ― NOW !
TO AVOID ITS IMMINENT DEMISE, and the TOTAL LOSS of ALL of its conventional pest control products, the Golf Industry must immediately address several CRITICAL ISSUES.
The Golf Industry must recognize that it is on a COLLISION COURSE with the LOOMING SHIPWRECK of Golf-Hating and Anti-Pesticide Terrorism !
Regardless of its Provincial Pesticide Ban Exception Statuses, the Golf Industry faces some huge challenges because of its HIGH DEGREE OF VULNERABILITY concerning several public affairs issues.
In order to successfully deter the malicious efforts of all Fanatical Golf-Hating Anti-Pesticide Terrorists, the Golf Industry must immediately address the following CRITICAL ISSUES …
1. PEST CONTROL PRODUCTS ― The Golf Industry must STRONGLY ADOPT THE POSITION that conventional pest control products are scientifically-safe and will cause NO harm. The Golf Industry must also ADOPT the policy that the ONLY course of action against prohibition is through litigation.
2. PESTICIDE EXCEPTION STATUS ― The Golf Industry must PLAN for the inevitable and total revocation of its exception status in most jurisdictions across Canada.
3. TRADE ASSOCIATIONS ― The Golf Industry’s trade associations must CEASE publicly supporting the prohibition against conventional pest control products used in the urban landscape. These trade associations must STOP torpedoing the Professional Lawn Care Industry.
4. FERTILIZERS ― The Golf Industry must also ADOPT the position that its use of any fertilizers does NOT harm the environment.
5. ANTI-PESTICIDE GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS & ACTIVISTS ― The Golf Industry must CEASE its pointless and wasteful attempts to educate and to convince pesticide-hating government officials and activists. These fanatics will NEVER reverse their attitudes against conventional pest control products.
6. ANTI-GOLF/ANTI-PESTICIDE ORGANIZATIONS ― The Golf Industry must TERMINATE all relationships with all pesticide-hating & environmental organizations that conspire to prohibit against conventional pest control products, like Canadian Cancer Society, ( a.k.a. Prevent Cancer Now ), and others. As long as Golf Canada, and the entire Golf Industry, continue to provide money to Canadian Cancer Society, the Golf Industry IS UNDER THREAT OF BEING ANNIHILATED !
7. RIGHT-TO-KNOW DATA-BASE ― The Golf Industry must CREATE a fully transparent data-base for right-to-know concerning its conventional pest control products.
8. INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT ( IPM ) ― The Golf Industry must CEASE focusing on the ineffective practices of Integrated Pest Management ( IPM ) as the solution to its public affairs problems. Trade associations allege that the best way to minimize inputs is through the use of Integrated Pest Management ( IPM ), despite the fact that, overall, IPM-cultural-practices DO NOT control pests of established turf and ornamentals.
9. ORGANIC PESTICIDE-FREE GOLF FACILITIES ― The Golf Industry must ESTABLISH policies for expelling golf facilities using this inaccurate and misleading term from its trade associations. Organic pesticide-free maintenance CANNOT be successful with green alternative pesticides and practices. Additionally, the Golf Industry must VIGOROUSLY EMBARK on a massive public relations campaign to discredit organic pesticide-free maintenance, declaring it as a dismal failure.
10. GREEN ALTERNATIVE PESTICIDES ― The Golf Industry must DENOUNCE the so-called green alternatives to conventional pest control products as bogus. Green alternatives like hydrogen peroxide and compost tea do NOT work, and may even be ILLEGAL.
11. ANTI-PESTICIDE TEACHING & RESEARCH INSTITUTIONS ― The Golf Industry must also DENOUNCE cultural practices as a so-called « legitimate alternative » to the use of conventional pest control products. Cultural practices do NOT work in controlling pests.
12. MAINTENANCE PROTOCOLS ― The Golf Industry must DEVELOP and publish golf maintenance protocols and the performance standards expected by its playing customers. These protocols and standards MUST include the regular use of conventional pest control products.
13. GO BROWN ― BROWN IS BEAUTIFUL ?!?! ― The Golf Industry must OPPOSE go brown anti-cosmetic golf course maintenance. Golfers DO NOT want to play on brown depressing unplayable courses.
14. POLITICAL ACTION ― The Golf Industry must openly and financially SUPPORT all political candidates who oppose any prohibition of pest control products and fertilizers.
15. ANTI-PESTICIDE TEACHING & RESEARCH INSTITUTIONS ― The Golf Industry must TERMINATE all relationships with all teaching and research institutions, such as University of Guelph, that VALIDATE and SUPPORT the PROHIBITION against pest control products. ALL joint activities and educational seminars MUST BE ENDED for an indefinite period of time.
For more information about the CANADIAN GOLF SUPERINTENDENTS ASSOCIATION ( CGSA ), explore the following links …
CRITICAL ISSUES FOR THE SURVIVAL OF THE GOLF INDUSTRY ( Web-Page )
CGSA — THE ROAD SO FAR — TRADE ASSOCIATION RESPONSE TO THE PROPOSED RE-EVALUATION DECISION REGARDING CHLOROTHALONIL ( Blog )
CGSA — END OF THE GOLF INDUSTRY’S PESTICIDE BAN EXCEPTION STATUS — CGSA HAS INCOMPREHENSIBLY SUPPORTED THE PROHIBITION — CGSA DISTRACT ITS MEMBERSHIP FROM THE REAL ISSUES FACING THE GOLF INDUSTRY ( Blog )
CGSA — MOST ABSURD STATEMENT OF THE MONTH — KEN COUSINEAU ( Report )
CGSA — HAPPY HOLIDAYS — COUSINEAU ( Card )
CGSA — QUINTOZENE, ENVIRONMENT & SAFETY — HEALTH CANADA ( Report )
CGSA — GORDON WITTEVEEN — 1934-2010 — CANADA’S GREATEST SUPERINTENDENT ( Report )
CGSA — GORDON WITTEVEEN — 1934-2010 — UNFLINCHING SUPPORTER OF GOLF SUPERINTENDENTS ( Report )
We are the National Organization Responding Against HUJE that conspire to destroy the Green space and other industries ( NORAHG ). As a non-profit and independent organization, we are environmentalists who are dedicated to reporting about NON-EXPERT PESTICIDE-HATING FANATICS, as well as the work of RESPECTED and HIGHLY RATED EXPERTS who promote ENVIRONMENTAL REALISM and PESTICIDE TRUTHS. http://wp.me/p1jq40-8DV Dare To Defy The Pesticide-Hating Fanatics By Exploring The Whole Truth From An Independent Perspective … http://pesticidetruths.com/ WILLIAM H GATHERCOLE AND NORAH G