July 8,2014: Creative Diagnostics of New York, has abruptly terminated the low cost testing service for Glyphosate in human body fluids and food.
This has resulted in disappointment on one side, and determination on the other, to continue search for a suitable lab that will provide low cost service for the people, at a pounce point that is within reach of average Canadians and Americans. This effort, including possibility of setting up a few “citizen’s labs” are on the drawing board. It is not certain when such labs may be available for the masses. We hope it will be sooner rather than later.
Testing how much of Monsanto's Roundup has gotten into our water, in our food and in our body.
Citizen Direct Testing of Toxins in Environment
Health Canada or Environment Canada has not done mass test on how much of Monsanto's Roundup has gotten into human body fluids, nor has it set up labs that can do this test:
- Federal Govt does not respond to our letters (http://www.tonu.org/2014/05/29/atamanenko/).
- In Canada, only water and soil can now be tested, for closer to 300 dollars a test – quite out of reach of citizens.
- No Canadian lab is able to test if people have glyphosate in themselves, through samples of blood, urine or breast milk from nursing mothers.
- Labs in the US were testing for glyphosate at costs above $100 for human body fluids.
- We are looking for labs that may agree to batch processing at a reasonable cost.
- There are some financially challenged that cannot afford that money, and are eating unhealthy food suspected laced with Glyphosate, which is practically in every food that is not organic.
- This funding is to help them to test their urine and breast milk for nursing mothers.
- Walmart, Safeway and other food stores do not respond when we asked about testing their food to check if Glyphosate is present in their food. So this funding is to test their random sample of food.
What we plan to do and what you will see
We intend to pay ourselves, those that can afford, for testing our own urine, drinking water and food, and then use the funds here to test a vast number of the poorer people that cannot afford to eat Organic, as well as from common food sources such as what is sold in food stores :
- Bulk test packages using 96T kits, one could use 40 samples duplicate tested in each batch. Using the magnetic particle test 120T kit, one could get up to 50 samples duplicate tested. These batch processing schemes bring the cost down to around US$ 1400 plus transportation charge to send 40 or 50 samples, by currier service. So with $6000 we hope to do at least three or four batches of poor people, covering almost 200 samples, involving perhaps 100 people and a hundred more of food samples, soil, water etc.
- Some US labs are now seriously involved in trying to cater to our need. Some Canadian labs are also looking in on joining up.
- We intend to place the results on the web, without individuals identity, to see where Canada stands with regard to intrusion of Glyphosate into regions, into different age groups, gender, eating style etc!
- The funds will be used to make bulk payment to labs in the US that are able and willing to do these tests economically, while we continue to search for a lab, somewhere in Canada that can do similar tests, hopefully in comparable costing, though we have not located even one in Canada so far.
The final results, hopefully coming in from all over Canada, totalling hundreds and hundreds of tests, perhaps even thousands, makes it a broad range analysis and will hopefully provide a more detailed picture of how much of the dangerous pesticide has gotten into us:
- As far as we know, no other place in the planet has done this kind of large scale test before, either by Government or by the people, although Moms Across America did conduct a limited test of under a hundred samples, which already proved presence of Glyphosate even in the breast milk of some nursing mothers. A lot of folks are waiting to see how the results turn out for Canada.
- We have not used Indigogo before, though we have used volunteer funding and are using it for a cross Canada talking tour on Food Security by retired genetic engineer Dr. Thierry Vrain, and myself (https://www.facebook.com/pages/GE-Foods-Tour/39…)
- People are encouraged to write to me for more details – email@example.com.
Joining the movement
If you are interested to join the movement as a volunteer, or a regional coordinator, or a candidate for testing yourself, or know someone that shoudl be tested, do contact us, especially where
- You are sick from damaged gut bacteria, or through Crohn's, Celiac, leaky gut, autism, bowl disfunction, obesity or depression.
- Once the data starts coming in, we intend to turn the testing into a political movement, to force the health care division of the Government to confront these issues instead of continue to accept ever increasing quantities of toxicity in our food, our land, our water and in ourselves.
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can't contribute, but that doesn't mean you can't help:
- Volunteer for us – to round up more people that can pay for their own tests.
- People you might know that might like to contribute to the cause, no matter how small the amount!
Contributor list – Thank you for helping
Here is the list. Of course folks have the option not to be seen and those anonymous donors are not listed here.
Nationwide Glyphosate Testing | Indiegogo.