● The GOLF INDUSTRY is on a COLLISION COURSE with declining numbers of players, economic disasters, and anti-pesticide prohibitions.
● LARGE NUMBERS OF GOLF FACILITIES have become ABANDONED WASTE DUMPS.
● HUNDREDS of GOLF COURSES SIT DESERTED — victims of the FORECLOSURE CRISIS, and golf’s STEADY DECLINE in players.
● In North America, over sixty per cent of all golf clubs may CLOSE DOWN or GO BANKRUPT ― many facilities will be simply be ABANDONED.
● No one can buy or sell a golf facility, and owners are FRANTIC.
● Who wants to buy a PESTICIDE-TREATED golf course facing IMMINENT ANTI-PESTICIDE BANS ?
● The Billion-Dollar Golf Industry is NO LONGER FLOURISHING.
Who Wants To Buy A Dead Golf Course ?!?!?!
Large numbers of golf facilities have become ABANDONED WASTE DUMPS.
Across the U.S., hundreds of GOLF COURSES SIT DESERTED — victims of the FORECLOSURE CRISIS, and golf’s STEADY DECLINE.
When B.J. ran into the house yelping in pain, his paw bleeding, Lenny Leonov thought his 60-pound dog had stepped on some broken glass.
But when the brown and white boxer started convulsing and foaming at the mouth, Leonov rushed the dog to the vet.
It was too late.
B.J. had been BITTEN BY A RATTLESNAKE, and DIED in the emergency room.
This wasn’t Leonov’s first brush with exotic animals at his suburban Florida home.
A year earlier, a six-foot alligator had to be removed from his backyard.
Leonov doesn’t live in the jungle ― he lives next to an ABANDONED GOLF COURSE.
His North Fort Myers home backs onto the FORMER Lochmoor Country Club.
It was shuttered in 2005 to make way for a lush new golf course, three condo towers, and a marina.
Then, the financial crisis hit.
The development was ABANDONED, another VICTIM of the U.S. FORECLOSURE CRISIS.
The golf course has since GROWN WILD.
According to Leonov ―
It’s so bad, the weeds around the water hole next to me are 12 feet high.
This POST-APOCALYPTIC SCENE is playing out across the U.S., where predictions of a boom in golf FAILED TO MATERIALIZE, leaving a trail of CLOSED GOLF COURSES — and thousands of angry neighbours — in its wake.
Starting in the mid-’90s, developers built thousands of new courses in the U.S., but the Internet bubble, 9|11 and the financial crisis, one after the other, RANSACKED AMERICANS’ DISPOSABLE INCOME.
HUNDREDS of golf courses have CLOSED in recent years, many of them tied to grand real estate development plans, like the one behind Leonov’s home.
According to Greg Nathan, Senior Vice-President of the National Golf Foundation, based in Jupiter, Florida ―
Most of these golf courses were built to sell real estate with very little due diligence as to whether the golf course could survive on its own.
According to Bobby Weed, a Florida golf course designer ―
We’ve got a black eye as an industry.
Bobby Weed predicts another 1500 GOLF COURSES will CLOSE in the U.S. in the next 10 years.
Eventually, banks and mortgage lenders will take over these properties, explains Jim Koppenhaver, President of the market analysis firm Pellucid Corp.
But as the fight over ownership plays out, THOUSANDS OF ACRES OF GOLF GREENS, PONDS, AND CLUBHOUSES SIT ABANDONED, SLOWLY DECAYING, DRAGGING DOWN NEIGHBOURHOOD PROPERTY VALUES ALONG WITH THEM.
And those who bought property along the courses are forced to watch the formerly manicured lawns grow out of control, bringing a range of nuisances, from EXOTIC ANIMALS to ILLEGAL ACTIVITY.
In October 2011, Philadelphia police FOUND A MARIJUANA GROW-OP in a DESERTED GOLF COURSE in Cheltenham, a nearby suburb.
A different weed problem is afflicting Marcia Gieck, a retired teacher in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Her house sits just behind an ABANDONED GOLF COURSE.
A few years ago, her biggest complaint was the odd golf ball that used to land with a thunk in her backyard.
Nowadays, her yard, which sits next to a DRY, BROWN FIELD AND A BOARDED-UP CLUBHOUSE, has become a landing pad for TUMBLEWEEDS.
Last year alone, she removed 35 square feet of the stuff from her lawn.
Many cash-strapped local governments don’t have enough money to enforce by-laws against absentee land-owners.
Complex ownership disputes make the task even more challenging.
In some cases, however, community groups and governments have been able to raise enough funds to buy the ABANDONED GOLF COURSES and rezone them for re-development, parkland, and even smaller courses.
In Florida, Royal Palm Beach, for example, is turning a DEFUNCT GOLF COURSE into a park featuring playgrounds, trails, lakes, and a driving range.
Bobby Weed, the Florida golf course designer, has a found a niche market revamping MORIBUND GOLF COURSES, and is now applying similar re-development strategies.
His plans for future courses include smaller clubhouses, hiking trails, and ponds where people can fish, boat, and swim.
Developers must cater to the needs of the current generation, he says.
The children of baby boomers have less time and money than their parents, and little interest in golf.
With GOLF ON THE WANE, and the U.S. economy far from healthy, he’s sure to have work for years to come.
This report from Maclean’s Magazine is the second of two reports published in 2012 concerning the Green Space Industry.
See next segment.
Unscientific Panic About Pesticides
Governments Should Think Twice Before Banning.
On March 6th, 2012, MacLean’s Magazine issued a report on the CARNAGE caused by the UNSCIENTIFIC PANIC against pest control products.
The Maclean’s report was entitled …
Manitoba Should Think Twice Before Banning Pesticides
MacLean’s is the RESPECTED Canadian national weekly news magazine.
MacLean’s Magazine stated, in one form or another, that pest control products are SCIENTIFICALLY-SAFE.
MacLean’s Magazine has stated that, essentially, any PROHIBITION against pest control products is NOT JUSTIFIED because STRICT REGULATIONS based on scientific research already PROTECT our health and our environment.
Every PROHIBITED pest control product has been CERTIFIED AS SAFE FOR RESIDENTIAL USE by the federal Pest Management Regulatory Agency of Health Canada.
Anti-Pesticide PROHIBITIONS represent a TRIUMPH OF SENTIMENT OVER SCIENCE.
Anti-Pesticide PROHIBITIONS are VALIDATED not on the basis of scientific evidence, but rather a VAGUE MOCK UNEASE about chemicals in general.
NOT ALL PROHIBITIONS make for a healthier environment.
Do PROHIBITIONS provide a net benefit to society ?
There are NUMEROUS UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES to Anti-Pesticide PROHIBITION.
[ NUMEROUS UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES = CATASTROPHIC CARNAGE ]
There is little debate about the fact that ONTARIO LOOKS SHABBIER AND WEEDIER because of Anti-Pesticide PROHIBITION [ i.e. Ontario looks like a GARBAGE DUMP. ].
In ONTARIO, parks, sports fields, and home lawns have become WHOLLY INFESTED WITH DANDELIONS and a variety of other weeds, and there is NO practical way to remove them, other than hand-pulling.
In Highland Park, Illinois, Anti-Pesticide PROHIBITION was a DISASTER ― WEEDS ACCOUNTED FOR OVER 60 PER CENT OF THE GROUND COVER, and sports fields were UNUSABLE ― Highland Park RESCINDED PROHIBITION.
When it comes to pest control products, provinces like Manitoba can learn a lot from the experience of those who have gone before ― if the goal is to reduce veriﬁable risks, promote a more natural environment, and encourage healthy activities, PROHIBITING pest control products SEEMS A STRANGE WAY TO GO ABOUT IT.
The Imminent Demise of the Golf Industry.
Anti-Pesticide PROHIBITION has already DESTROYED the Modern Professional Lawn Care Industry in many jurisdictions across Canada.
It is NOW DESTROYING the Lawn Bowling Industry.
It will soon begin its DESTRUCTION of the Golf Industry.
Anti-Pesticide PROHIBITION was/is NEEDLESS, SENSELESS, MALICIOUS, and UNNECESSARY.
PROHIBITION is NOT NECESSARY since pest control products are GOVERNMENT-APPROVED, FEDERALLY-LEGAL, SCIENTIFICALLY-SAFE, PRACTICALLY-NON-TOXIC, and CAUSE NO HARM.
Any PROHIBITION against pest control products is NOT JUSTIFIED because STRICT REGULATIONS based on scientific research already PROTECT our health and our environment.
ALL PROHIBITIONS are 100 per cent Politically-Based and 0 per cent Science-Based.
Anti-Pesticide PROHIBITIONS represent a TRIUMPH OF SENTIMENT OVER SCIENCE.
The MAJOR SOURCE of exposure to pest control products is from FOOD SUPPLY, and NOT the Urban Landscape.
PROHIBITION is NOT necessary, and has led to CATASTROPHIC CARNAGE such as BUSINESS FAILURES and UNEMPLOYMENT, and even DEATH.
IN THE 9|11 ERA OF ANTI-GOLF TERRORISM …
The Golf Industry is on a COLLISION COURSE with the BLACK DEATH of Environmental and Anti-Pesticide Terrorism !
Golf facilities WILL become ABANDONED WASTE DUMPS !
The Anti-Pesticide Terrorists will ANNIHILATE the Golf Industry !
We Are Now Living in the 9|11 Era of Environmental-Terrorism Against the Green Space Industry ― which includes the IMMINENT DEMISE of the Golf Industry.
The PROHIBITION CONSPIRACY against pest control products has now attained NATIONAL proportions, and the provinces are FALLING LIKE DOMINOES.
The Professional Lawn Care Industry has been systematically ANNIHILATED by Anti-Pesticide Terrorists across Canada.
PROHIBITION has led to HORRENDOUS and CATASTROPHIC CARNAGE for businesses operating in the Professional Lawn Care Industry, in the form of IMMENSE LOSSES OF REVENUES, BUSINESS FAILURES, BANKRUPTCY, and UNEMPLOYMENT, and even HORRIFIC FINES.
The Golf Industry can eventually EXPECT THE SAME CARNAGE.
In virtually all Anti-Pesticide jurisdictions, the Golf Industry has been provided with an EXCEPTION STATUS, and its use of pest control products HAS NOT BEEN PROHIBITED.
The Golf Industry can eventually EXPECT TO LOSE ITS EXCEPTION STATUS.
The Golf Industry, because of the attitude of its trade association leaders ― an attitude of denial, protectionism, and mock-dismay at any form of criticism ― ignored the supreme historic opportunity to join forces with the Professional Lawn Care Industry, and LITIGATE against the forces of Anti-Pesticide Terrorist-Evil.
A failure to do so was LETHAL, and future generations will someday ask the question ― WHY DID YOU NOT ACT ?
The SUBVERSIVE CONSPIRACIES OF ANTI-PESTICIDE PROHIBITION WILL NEVER END ― and it will SPREAD to the Golf Industry.
The Golf Industry is on a COLLISION COURSE with the LOOMING SHIPWRECK of Anti-Pesticide and even Anti-Fertilizer TERRORISM !
For the first time within collective history, it can honestly be said that there is NO LONGER A HOPEFUL FUTURE for anyone in the Golf Industry.
IN THE YEAR 2020 …
● The game of golf is NO LONGER a flourishing Billion-Dollar-Industry.
● Canadian Cancer Society has succeeded in ANNIHILATING the Golf Industry.
● The Golf Industry is SEVERELY WEAKENED by aging and declining membership, falling revenues, over-saturated market, unstable economy, volatile weather, and ANTI-PESTICIDE SUBVERSION.
● Golf facilities are ANNIHILATED by Enviro-Lunatic LAWSUITS with FALSE ALLEGATIONS of pesticide and fertilizer pollution.
● Enviro-Lunatics SHUT-DOWN golf facilities under the PRETEXT of saving obscure and meaningless animal species like tadpoles and snakes.
● Enviro-Lunatics also SHUT-DOWN golf facilities under the PRETEXT of saving bees.
● ORGANIC PESTICIDE-FREE golf course maintenance DOES NOT WORK.
● Bethpage and Vineyard, once used as U.S. examples, are DISMAL FAILURES.
● Pest control products are PROHIBITED NATIONALLY, despite being INDISPUTABLY SAFE to use.
● Anti-Pesticide PROHIBITION in Anti-Pesticide countries like Denmark DESTROYS most of golf facilities.
● Integrated Pest Management and Green Alternatives are DISMAL FAILURES.
● The ENTIRE Golf Industry has its PESTICIDE EXCEPTION STATUS REVOKED.
● Pest problems are TOTALLY UNMANAGEABLE without conventional products.
● The labour now needed for pesticide-free maintenance is STAGGERING.
● The concept of Brown Is Beautiful is also a DISMAL FAILURE.
● Golfers NO LONGER want to play on BROWN DEPRESSING UNPLAYABLE courses.
● Golf facilities can no longer offer BEAUTIFUL RESTFUL green spaces to its clients.
● Playing conditions are TOTALLY DISMAL at virtually ALL pesticide-free golf facilities.
● Only the VERY RICH ELITE golfer can afford GREEN HEALTHY PLAYABLE courses.
● Over seventy per cent of golfers ABANDON the sport.
● All golf facilities are considered as WORTHLESS investments.
● No one can buy or sell a golf facility, and owners are FRANTIC ― who wants to buy a PESTICIDE-TREATED golf course facing IMMINENT ANTI-PESTICIDE BANS ?
● Golf facilities can NO LONGER AFFORD to pay the property taxes.
● In North America, over sixty per cent of all golf clubs CLOSE DOWN or GO BANKRUPT ― many facilities are simply ABANDONNED.
● Superintendents are NO LONGER NECESSARY or NEEDED.
● The Multi-Billion-Dollar-Golf-Industry is ANNIHILATED.
● Large numbers of golf facilities become ABANDONED WASTE DUMPS.
● The Golf Industry succumbs to BLACK DEATH.
For the original copy of this Force Of Nature Report, go to the following link …
NORAHG has archived more information on The Pesticide truths Web-Page …
GOLF – GO BROWN – ANTI-COSMETIC GOLF MAINTENANCE
GOLF – SHARP PARK GOLF COURSE ( USA ) – ENVIRONMENTAL TERROR UNDER THE PRETEXT OF PROTECTING OBSCURE AND INSIGNIFICANT SPECIES
GOLF – THE GOLF INDUSTRY COLLISION COURSE – DEMISE IS IMMINENT
GOLF – THE LOOMING GOLF INDUSTRY SHIPWRECK – NO LONGER A HOPEFUL FUTURE
CARNAGE CAUSED BY CATASTROPHIC ANTI-PESTICIDE PROHIBITION
FAILURE OF WESTERN CANADA TURFGRASS ASSOCIATION ( WCTA )
MYTH-BUSTING – PESTICIDE BANS – THE MYTHS ABOUT ANTI-PESTICIDE PROHIBITION ( Long Version )
PEST CONTROL PRODUCTS – WATER QUALITY – MYTH ABOUT WATER
UPDATES & WARNINGS
NORAHG has also produced several reports …
The Looming Golf Industry SHIPWRECK — Canadian Cancer Society — Terror TALK — NO Golf Exception
The Looming Golf Industry SHIPWRECK — Forman & CAPE Continue To Demand NO Exception
British Columbia CONSPIRACY to PROHIBIT Pest Control Products — Includes The NORAHG Library of Force Of Nature Reports
The FAILURE of Western Canada Turfgrass Association — Includes The NORAHG Library of Force Of Nature Reports
Letter of COMPAINT — Calling for the DISMISSAL of Jerry Rousseau at Western Canada Turfgrass Association