The Ontario Pesticides Advisory Committee (OPAC) was established under the Pesticides Act. The responsibilities of the Committee under this Act are as follows:
- To review the Pesticides Act and Regulation 63/09 , and to recommend changes and amendments to the Act to the Minister of the Environment.
- To advise the Minister of the Environment on matters relating to pesticides and pest control.
- To provide recommendations on pesticide classification.
LIST OF MEMBERS
|F. Ingratta, Ph.D.||Fungal Physiologist|
|J.R. Bend, Ph.D.||Pharmacologist/Toxicologist|
|H. Berges, B.Sc. Agr.||Agrologist|
|A.S. Hamill, Ph.D.||Weed Scientist|
|C. Hunter, M.Sc.||Plant Pathologist|
|G. Liss, MD, MS, FRCPC||Medical Consultant|
|D. Marshall, B.Sc. Agr.||Primary Producer|
|C. McKay, M.Sc.||Plant Pathologist|
|S. Sang, Ph.D.||Ecologist/Biologist|
|T. A. Scarr, Ph.D.||Forest Entomologist|
|G. Stephenson, Ph.D.||Environmental Toxicologist (Herbicides)|
|I. Wile, B.Sc.A.||Aquatic Biologist|
|T. Yamada, B.Sc.Agr., P.Ag.||
Teri Yamada – TY Environmental Strategies
Teri has 27 years of experience in the Canadian golf industry, including 18 years with the Royal Canadian Golf Association as their head agronomist and Managing Director of Communications and Government Relations. She is the author of “Environmental Guidelines for Canadian Golf Clubs”, developed after consultation with regulators, environmental interest groups and the golf industry.
Her community involvement includes serving as President of the Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary Systems of Canada Inc., as Executive Secretary of the Canadian Turfgrass Research Foundation, as a member of the Strategic Planning Committee & Environmental Programs with the Environmental Institute for Golf Kansas, the USGA Turfgrass & Environmental Research Committee, the Selkirk College Golf Management Program advisory committee, and Chaired the Scientific Program Committee for the 9th International Turfgrass Research Conference in 2000-2001.
Executive Director, IPM Council of Canada
- Toronto, Canada Area
- Environmental Services
Teri Yamada's Overview
- Committee member at Ontario Pesticides Advisory Committee
- Board member at Ontario Turfgrass Research Foundation
- Executive Director (contract) at IPM Council of Canada
- Owner at TY Environmental Strategies Ltd.
- Committee member at Halton- Hamilton Source Protection Committee
- Board Member at Canadian Turfgrass Research Foundation
- Executive Director at RCGA Foundation (formerly Canadian Golf Foundation)
- Managing Director, Communications & Govt. Relations at Royal Canadian Golf Association
- Tournament Agronomist at Royal Canadian Golf Association
- Executive Secretary at Canadian Turfgrass Research Foundation
- President at Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary System of Canada
- Managing Director, Golf Programs & Services at Royal Canadian Golf Association
- Committee member at USGA Turfgrass & Environmental Research Committee
- Host & Horticultural Specialist, CHML Garden Clinic at CHML Radio
- National Director, Green Section at Royal Canadian Golf Association
- General Manager at Draper & Associates
- Kokusai Noyukai
- University of Guelph
3 people have recommended Teri