The excellent article about pesticides points out a need to control invasive plants which destroy native habitat and biodiversity. Invasives reduce the abundance of native plants in this area's parks, open spaces, Garry oak meadows, streamsides and rights of way. In the absence of enough volunteers, there is insufficient money in any municipal budget to reverse this destruction.
Herbicides are a necessary adjunct to an integrated pest management strategy. There is no causal relationship between the use of pest management regulatory authority-approved herbicides and human cancer.
The anti-pesticide juggernaut is in motion and rolling on. Too bad that decisions are based upon opinions and perceptions supplied to politicians in the absence of scientific evidence.
Herbicide buyers can read labels. They are easy to follow. I personally trust Health Canada, which receives scientifically researched advice from toxicologists and epidemiologists.
It's time Big Brother CRD stopped listening and giving credence to the vociferous phobics and took a second look at the unanticipated consequences of their pesticide policy. We owe a legacy to preserve endangered native ecosystems for those who come after us. Science can provide the knowledge and cost-effective means.
Doug Critchley, MD
Dr. David Douglas Critchley:
RCPSC – Pediatrics
Licensed for Practice
M.D. – 1987 – Queen's (Canada)
- Exposed: Tony Constantino – Kamloops BC – [Secret Evidence] 2,4-D is Dangerous ‘Buy from Me’ – TURF LOGIC – Ignores Facts from IEMPA – Jacquie Doherty
- What motivated Debbie Lazar to advocate for the Canadian Cancer Society and tell Brad’s Story [she and Meg Sears told many he died of garden pesticide exposure]?
- BCLocalNews.com – Pesticide bylaw diluted
- iNews 880 On Radio [Alberta]. On Line. On Demand. – Edmonton CHQTAM
- [Secret Evidence of Dangers to Health, why is CCS not coming forward with this info] CANADIAN CANCER SOCIETY (BC AND YUKON DIVISION) | New Poll Results Released: Canadian Cancer Society calls for leadership candidates to support cosmetic pesticides ban in BC
- Coquitlam BC : Misinformed Councilor – Selina Robinson – Armed with research “Secret Evidence” that Lawn Pesticides cause CANCER.
- Hero: David Montgomery — Q&A: Standing tall on his home turf | Posted | National Post
- Exposed : Suzanne Elston – Extreme Enviro Activist should be FIRED – Creating Pesticide Bans with LIES – Prevent Cancer Now Board of Directors – Senior Environmental Coordinator for the City of Oshawa – REPORTER FOR: Toronto Sun – Sun Media – Ottawa Sun – Western Catholic Reporter – Your Earth
- COUNCIL ON WRONG TRACK WITH MOVE TOWARDS COSMETIC PESTICIDE BAN | Osoyoos Times
- 2004-2007 Pesticide Free Trials – Weeds in Baseball Fields Cause Injury Due to BAD Bounces : Portland Oregon