Re: Deborah Bechtel’s March 22 letter, “Industry credibility”:
All of the questions surrounding methyl iodide’s safety have been asked and answered, as proven by more than three years of safe and effective use on more than 17,000 acres in the Southeast United States.
In addition, methyl iodide is now registered in Turkey, Morocco, New Zealand, Mexico and Japan. Contrary to the xenophobic and illogical associations recently made by Bechtel, methyl iodide was developed in Riverside, just a few miles away from Ventura County.
Arysta LifeScience has spent countless hours meeting with California regulators, reporters and members of the agricultural community to answer every question raised about methyl iodide. In spite of our open and honest approach, activists continue to spread mistruths about this needed tool — and those mistruths continue to be published.
Following the independent reviews of the California Department of Pesticide Regulation and the United States EPA, there is no question that methyl iodide is one of the most comprehensively reviewed agrochemicals on the market today.
From the beginning, it has been our aim to provide the agricultural market with an effective tool in the wake of methyl bromide phase out. This continues to be our goal, and we remain committed to an open and honest dialogue about its use.
– Jeff Tweedy,
– The writer is head of business development and regulatory affairs for Arysta LifeScience. — Editor
– vcstar.com Methyl iodide safety » Ventura County Star.
- Methyl iodide is ready for use | thecalifornian.com | The Salinas Californian
- EPA Moves on Fluoride Draw Warning From Sen. Inhofe – NYTimes.com + 1986 NRDC Failed Lawsuit against EPA – Flouride
- BC Cosmetic Pesticide – Consultation – Summary of Comments : ACTIVISTS CLAIM 88% FOR A BAN??? – Read it here and you decide!
- Paul Tukey Leads BOGUS “Certified Green” Natural Sod Producer Seminar – “Certified Green” Kurt Vanclief, Director of NSGA Ontario – Sod grower WillowLeeSod says ‘Diazinon’ recommended for turf insects
- National Potato Council Stewardship Awards 2010 – Clothianidin listed pesticide
- » Bay advocates say they’re on the defensive
- BCLocalNews.com – Lack of interest frustrates pesticide foes [ Mel Tomiyama “No-Brainer” ]
- Yet again, ‘safer’ pesticides prove harmful | Pesticide Action Network
- IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY – Use Facts to Make Glyphosate and Glyphosate Resistant Crop Decisions
- Bill Would Relax Pest Control Rules for Schools — Public Education | The Texas Tribune